Walk of the World edition #102 / training #10
Leaving home at 08:00am sharp, temperature 14C and a sombre weather forecast.
Directly Westbound (Wolfkuilse-weg) then Northbound (Energie-weg) to reach the beginning of “The Crossing”. That already takes 45 minutes non-stop walking. Crossing the river Waal and leaving the bridge on the former dike of the river Waal. Eastbound to the ancient Arnheim bridge, then Southbound to Berg and Dal (Hill and Valley). First stop, after 2:30h walking. Coffee & apple cake. Then Westbound, over the famous Zeven-heuvelenweg (Seven Hills way), passing the Canadian War Cimetary, to Groesbeek. From Groesbeek Northbound in the direction of Nimwegen.
After a total of 20K / 13.33M We took bus 5 to the city.
- top – 08am sharp;
- center – a sombre weather forecast;
- bottom – a view from the Arnheim bridge on the river front, with on top the famous octagonal chapel of St. Nicholas in the Valkhof Castle (built in 1030); nearby stand ruins of another part of the castle – so called Barbarossa ruins from the 12th century. The castle was demolished in 1797, just keeping its oldest part – the chapel. Below, the red brick building, the brand new museum “The Bastion”.