This morning -Sunday, 13 May- a very noisy group of young people were still outside on the premises of Graafseweg 213-B, on the lower ground level. At 12:20am I went over to the group, and asked who the host/hostess of the party was. A young lady indicated her front door, saying “We shall put the volume of the music lower”. At 12:50am I woke up by the noise of the party still going on, with loud conversations and laughter. I was annoyed being woken up, and decided to record the incident. Here a very short (45 seconds) impression:
When I went to the St Stephan church -11:10am- to do my volunteer work, the following picture of “the remainders of the night before” were this:
When I was taking the picture of “the remainders”, a neighbor (Graafseweg 215) asked me if there were problems. When I told him of what happened in the early morning, he told me, that he has had a note, saying, that the party should last till 02:00am max.
The definition “neighbor nuisance” is hard to get:
- Dutch law refers to the city laws.
- City laws are complex, so I called the Nimwegen police.
- The police informs me, that -as soon as I feel nuisance of neighbors- they will send an officer, no matter what hour of the day.
- The police says: each individual has it’s own interpretation of “nuisance”, so they take it always seriously.
- Strict hours for neighbor nuisance are nowhere stated, e.g. from 10:00pm till 07:00am.