Coldest autumn night of the century
Last night was the coldest night since autumn 1998. The temperature dropped in De Bilt to 6.6 degrees below freezing. Eighteen years ago it was freezing even harder to -8.5 degrees, Reported Weather Online. In Enschede, at the ground was even severe frost measured 11.9 degrees below zero.It stays cold until the last day of the meteorological autumn on 30 November. In early December, mild weather forecast Thursday and Friday ceilings from 7 to 10 degrees. It has been freezing tonight. And for those in a hurry (and cold fingers), it can be tempting: the most efficient way to scratch your windshield. But only a small glimpse is awfully dangerous, so the police check is strict. What should you do, and what should you not do? As a driver this morning in Oudenbosch (Noord-Brabant), it did, as it should in any case. The gain in time the driver came too dearly. He or she received a fine of 230 euros.Police Moerdijk which these frugal clawed diamond comb, the a driver twittered this morning all: who wants safe on the road, it is recommended to de-ice all windows and mirrors. So the sides and rear.A driver is required in the Netherlands to have sufficient forward visibility and side. For those who do not feel the fine, depending on how bad the view, up to 360 euros.
1. Do not run your engine while scratching. This firstly has no sense, secondly it is bad for the environment, and thirdly it is bad for your wallet. A cold engine consumes more fuel. In addition, the fan only blows hot air in a warm engine and it takes a while before the engine has warmed up.
2. Do not throw hot water on your windshield. Because of the sudden temperature difference can crack or break the glass. With all its consequences.
3. Keep your windows clean. Ice adheres less to clean glass. For example, use alcohol diluted with water, or special glass wipes.
4. Put the scraper diagonally against the glass, so you get the ice easiest way
.5. Leave grandma’s tips to grandmother. rub your windows, for example, a raw potato makes the glass particularly very dirty and no less frozen.
6. Are you in the morning not at your best? Save yourself the trouble and cover your windows with anti-freeze blanket.